The Kennebunks are home to five public beaches.
- The Colony Beach – 150 foot sandy beach located at the southern tip of the coast, by the mouth of the Kennebunk River.
- Goose Rocks Beach – A large 10,000-foot white sandy beach at the northern tip of the coast.
- Gooch’s Beach – Located on Beach Avenue, this beach has plenty of room for jogging, sunning and sandcastle building.
- Middle Beach – This beach, also located on Beach Avenue has an abundance of small stones, pebbles and shells perfect for collecting.
- Kennebunk Beach – The third beach on Beach Avenue is a large sandy beach with a playground and restrooms. It’s also called Mother’s Beach.
- The Captain Jefferds Inn is walking distance to The Colony Beach, and a very short drive to the other beaches. Ask your innkeepers for parking permits.